Say “I” if you’ve ever felt overwhelmed about showing up online! (I’m not only saying it: I’m screaming it.)
A few weeks ago, I was feeling like a soggy rotten potato. I’ve been working on implementing more balance into my day-to-day, but it’s been an uphill battle lately. I love what I do for work so much that sometimes I forget it isn’t actually normal to work 12-hour days… yikes.
So, in the thick of my soggy-rotten-potato-ness this past month, I’ve felt very “eh” about content creation and showing up online. I don’t always want to film myself talking on Instagram stories or reenacting the latest TikTok trend when I have a rat’s nest bun resting on the top of my head, and that’s been my reality 6 days out of 7 lately.
I’ve also been feeling “eh” about my content strategy, because I’ve revamped my core offerings and have been zeroing in on what really matters to me — and to you, my lovely reader!
Which got me thinking… I can’t be the only one who could use a content strategy revamp.
Then, my second thought (as always): this should be a blog post.
Let’s turn the page to chapter one and begin with the first thing you need to create a content strategy: CLARITY Keep reading for the 20 questions to ask yourself to gain clarity about how to show up online and provide value for your audience.
1) Why should my audience care about this?
2) Why do I want to post about this topic? Is it because it will help me reach more of my ideal clients, or do I just like talking about it?
3) Can there be a middle ground between the two?
4) What are my core offerings?
5) What are my biggest business goals?
6) What Are my offerings, and how can I use my content to promote them without coming off as salesy?
7) What can I create that will provide my audience with value, while also helping you establish myself as a trusted expert?
8) What do my audience & I have in common that will help me build a genuine relationship with them?
Related: Why Your Ideal Client Matters More Than An Algorithm
6) Who is my ideal client and what do they care about?
7) Who does my audience follow/look up to so that I can research?
8) Who is actually reading my content and how do they typically respond to it?
9) Who has DMed or emailed me recently asking questions that I can answer in this month’s content?
10) Who do I want to show up as everyday? How do I want my audience to view me?
11) Where does my audience spend most of their time online?
12) Are they more likely to watch a reel of a tiktok video than read an IG caption or a blogpost?
13) Where is my presence really going to be necessary so as not to overwhelm myself with constant content creation
14) Where can I look for inspiration when I’m in a slump?
15) Where can I make an impact?
Related: Learn How To Write High-Converting Web Copy and Increase Web Traffic
16) How does my audience prefer to digest information?
17) How can I share value in an engaging, easy-to-understand manner that will resonate with my audience?
18) How much effort am I willing to put into my content strategy?
19) How much time does my audience spend reading short form content vs. long form content?
20) How can I prepare my audience for any upcoming new services, products, or launches that I’m planning on?
Asking yourself those 20 questions is the best place to start when developing a content strategy for social, blog, and email… but I understand that being faced with all of that information you now need to figure out can be a bit overwhelming.
If you’d like an extra set of eyes on your brand messaging and strategy—and, while you’re at it, maybe even your website?!—send me a message to see how I can help, whether it’s on a VIP day or on a consulting call.
(I know a thing or two about climbing out of the soggy rotten potato vibe, and I’m even more well-versed on marketing and messaging.)
Don’t forget to SAVE this post on Pinterest for later—you never know when you’ll need a refresh before a content revamp!
If you're an entrepreneur, business owner, or course creator with big dreams of success and growth—and a big, scary blank document standing in your way every time you sit down to write your own copy—nice to meet you, I'm your new solution.
Through what I like to call sales-focused storytelling, I'll help you find your brand's voice, perfectly position your offerings, develop your target market, and write copy that resonates with your ideal audience. And I'll do it all while keeping your personality at the forefront of every draft, to ensure that each word aligns with your true self.
let's work together
Writing your own website or sales page copy doesn't have to be a something you stress over anymore. I'd love to work with you to craft conversion-friendly, SEO-optimized copy your leads will love.
As an absolute email marketing fiend, there's no one more qualified to write the most click-and-binge-worthy emails for your next campaign, launch, nurture sequence, or newsletter.
There's no better feeling than having the complete support of a trusted, dedicated mentor by your side as you navigate your journey as a new freelance copywriter.
DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX EVERY TUESDAY. YOU IN?